Tuesday, March 23, 2010

THE FUTURE

Ever thought about it? I'm sure you have. Many people live in the future. Just like many live in the past. Or there are the people who live in the here and now. Where do you live? Do you focus on the "here and now", the "past", or the "future"? I must say that I am guilty of doing all three. I have focused on the past, the future, and the here and now. When life is hard and it was easier in the past, we focus on that. When life is great, we focus on the now. When life is hard and the coming events look good, we look ahead. Even if life is great, the future can still look better and we focus on that.




Where do you place your focus?




I just thinking the other day. I spend alot of my time dreaming about the future. Who doesn't? But do ever miss something when we are busy dreaming? I have missed opportunity because I have been focusing on the future? There is nothing wrong with dreaming and thinking about the past or future. I love looking at pictures. I love making plans. I love living in the here and now.




Ever heard the quote, 'The past is history, the future a mystery, today is a gift. That is why they call it the present'?




I think that is an interesting and true quote. However I also think it takes away some from the past and the future. Ever heard the quote, 'the past is the key to the future'?




Now that is a true quote as well. Let's focus on the future for a moment. It certainly is a mystery, isn't it?




We don't have much control over it. Nor do we know much about it. Sure we have plans, ideas, and dreams. But do we really know much about it? Or have a lot of control over it?




The answer is 'no'. As much as we'd like to, we don't control the future. Nor do we really know what is going to happen. It is truly a mystery.

Mystery.

When someone says that or you read it, what do you think? Is the word intriguing? Frightening? Exciting? Boring? Annoying? Fun? Good? Bad?



Right now the future seems like a good mystery. I have a very very very bad case of spring fever. I know that I have to finish school by Friday, but as of now I would rather do anything else beside school. I would rather think of other stuff instead of doing what needs done. I'd rather dream away the day, which is good on a Sunday but not so good on a Tuesday.




Dreams.




Now there is a word most people like. Everyone should have dreams. Dreams of friends. Dreams of that special someone. Dreams of acheiving goals. Dreams of the future.




I love dreaming. Often, when life ain't so good, dreaming is my haven. It's so much easier to live in dreamland than in real life.


-----


This is an unfinished post for from last school year. I think I am going to leave it that way. I don't know how to end it. Kind of like we don't know how to end our past, our present, and our future. It's a mystery that needs solving. Our past can be unfinished if we don't deal with it. Our present is unfinished because it is happening right now. Our future is definitely unfinished - it hasn't even happened!


Finished.


It is a very diverse word isn't it? It can bring joy or sadness. A finished project brings joy, yet a finished relationship or happy moment brings sadness. I guess this is the way of life. Everything can either bring joy or sadness or it can bring both. I guess it's because we are flawed. Nothing is perfect except for the unflawedness of our Creator. He is uncreated. He is not finished. He is perfect. He is a mystery. He is a dreamer. He needs to be included in our dreams.


Well, that's all I have in me right now. I don't know what else to write about. I guess I am leaving this post unfinished. Yet it is kind of finished. Life is confusing, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment